We are all familiar with the numerous benefits Aloe Vera has to offer and that’s the reason why we are going to show all the steps on how to grow aloe vera at home.
Aloe Vera belongs to the succulent group of plants which means that it can be grown inside your home as well. Many people grow this plant for medicinal purposes.it is a great natural pain reliever and can treat problems related to constipation. If you have wanted to grow an Aloe Vera plant yourself at home then we’ve got all steps to ensure the growth of a healthy Aloe Vera plant.
The first step is to select from a variety of Aloe Vera plants. There are many options to choose from the most popular ones are Aloe Arbore scents (known for treating burns and skin related problems), Aloe Saponaria (for treating constipation, inflammation) and Aloe Aristata(ideal for growing at home, has qualities of both the aloe Vera stated above.
After selecting your favorite Aloe Vera cutting you will need the following materials:
1. A clay pot
2. Potting soil and peat moss. Both will be used equally.
3. Gravel so that the pot can be drained
4. Cutting of Aloe Vera
Start by placing the gravel at the bottom of the pot. The gravel at the bottom ensures drainage so that the roots don’t rot. Place the potting soil halfway and fill the rest with peat moss. Make sure both are in equal quantities. Place the cutting in the middle of the soil and fill the pot till the top so the cutting is secured in place. You should use a large pot as Aloe Vera tends to have large roots. After you have planted, do not water it for at least 2 weeks. After two weeks the Aloe Vera would have grown roots and you can water it now.Aloe Vera plant care tips
1. If you have placed your Aloe Vera plant inside your home, then make sure it’s near the window where it can receive a lot of sunlight. Sunlight is vital for the growth of Aloe Vera.
2. As Aloe Vera is a succulent plant, it does not require much water. Water the plant once every week or two weeks depending on the weather. A trick to check if your plant needs water is to insert half an inch of your finger in the soil. If it’s dry then it means you should water it. If it’s moist it means it does not need water.
3. Aloe Vera will need extra attention in the winter.
4. Aloe Vera plant grows very quickly and soon will grow offspring. You can pull out these offsprings and place them in other pots and you will have more Aloe Vera plants.
Aloe Vera plants are very easy to grow at home. Their growth is quick and does not need too much maintenance either. The leaves of Aloe Vera plant are huge and flesh which can be used for a lot of purposes including medicinal. Also, Aloe Vera plants are quick to grow off-springs which you can make excellent gift option for your friends and family.