How hard can it be to slim down legs? It can be a challenge but while there are fitness enthusiasts who just cannot live without their daily workout regimens, the majority of people don’t find exercising to be the most fulfilling of tasks. But, as is with the hard to achieve things — we all want results from it. However, that’s far from the truth if you skip working out. But the good thing is you can always find a way in between.
Why slog in the gym for hours at an end when you can try these simple exercises at home to work on your body’s troublesome areas? Your legs and thighs are often the most stubborn body parts that refuse to shed excess fat. Getting that toned look for your legs helps get rid of cellulite. Try these effective 3-minute exercises before going to bed for a good leg work out.
Here you can find:
Exercises to slim down legs
Try these effective 3-minute exercises before going to bed for a good leg work out.
Target not just your legs, but your buttocks as well as the core by performing high knees. Performing the exercises at a repeated intensity for as low as just 3-minutes helps burn calories and speeds up your metabolism. Here are the steps to perform the standard high knee exercises and to get those slender looking thighs.
- Stand with both your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Lift one leg and bring it to your chest holding for 2-3 seconds.
- Get back to the original position.
- Perform the same step with your other leg.
- Repeat the steps by moving back and forth between both legs.
The balancing act helps tone the muscles of your calf, hamstrings, quadriceps, and buttocks. There are further advanced variations that you could try to target these areas even further.
Knowing how to slim down legs will activate your glute muscles and increase knee stability. Deep squats when performed correctly engage your hamstring and calf muscles more than parallel squats.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Tighten stomach muscles.
- Lower down as much as possible as close to sitting.
- Hold the position for 3-seconds and release.
- Go back to the starting position.
- Perform 20-reps each for 3-sets.
Never exert your muscles to work harder. Your form should always be your focus. These are the simple exercises to slim down legs, gain flexibility in your hip and ankle.
Wind up your exercising routine with this relaxing, but equally effective exercise. Feel the burn in your hamstrings as you lift your leg to reach as higher as possible.
- Lie down on your back with both your arms by your side.
- Lift one leg up as higher as you can go.
- Make five small circles in the air – clockwise and anti-clockwise.
- Bring your leg down to the resting position.
- Switch to your other leg and repeat the same steps.
- Perform the exercise for at least 20-repetitions.
Understanding how to slim down legs will help you achieve a toned leg structure faster. By using these simple exercise regimes you can make your form a priority to strengthen up your legs to perform advanced fat burning exercises.
The best part is that it just takes 3-minutes to work on your legs before you retire for the night. You might notice a difference in your legs when performed repeatedly for at least 3-weeks. In case you need some tips to lose your belly, read this article about these top 4 exercises for a flat belly.
Bonus Tip: Video – Exercises to Slim the Legs
Note: Online Tips advise you not start any exercise plan without consulting a professional first.