Strep throat is inflammation and pain in the throat which is caused by a bacterial infection usually. It might also cause the throat too sore or feel scratchy as a result. Strep throat is also common in people of all ages including adults and children. Sometimes, if it is not cured properly at the time, it might cause other health risks which include inflamed joints and rheumatic fever. Therefore, it should be treated on time and treated properly. Strep throat can cause coughing as well as sneezing during the time period of inflammation as well.Is strep throat contagious?
It can be said that strep throat is contagious during the time period of 2-3 weeks which is usually how long it is triggered for. People who take prescribed medicine which typically include antibiotics are able to fully recover from it as well. After taking antibiotic medicine, one can notice a significant difference in their condition as well.
It is also important to acknowledge that strep throat can be viral as it has a potential for transmittance through direct contact. Cough drops, sharing glasses, cups or kissing can all transmit the bacteria from one person to another. Therefore, one should observe precautionary measures if they are suffering from strep throat.
In order to be able to fully recover from strep throat, it is necessary to identify the symptoms of strep throat at first. There are certain signs which are caused by strep throat that include fever or raise of temperate, sore throat or pus in the throat.
These things are usually on the list to figure out if one has strep throat or not. However, in other cases, some people might notice pain in muscles or a migraine caused due to infection. Some extreme cases might also include symptoms like nausea. You might get a runny nose, coughing or swollen lymph nodes in the neck if you have strep throat as well.Home remedies for strep throat
Besides taking medicine, you can also cure pain at home using home remedies that are useful in fastening the process of recovery.
- Strep throat can cause dehydration thus making it harder to breathe or swallow food. In order to compensate for the loss of fluid, drink plenty of water.
- If you have strep throat, resting and sleeping can also promote fast recovery, therefore, you should get more hours of sleep compared to normal days. Sleeping and resting have proved to be highly effective during the healing process from strep throat.
- One of the most effective home remedies that you can try is drinking herbal teas with honey. Honey is natural antiseptic which does not only relieve pain caused by soreness but also promotes recovery of the throat.
- A teaspoon of honey mixed with the same amount of ginger extract is also useful in treating strep throat.
- Last but not the least, gargling with salt mixed in luke-warm water has been effective in curing and relieving strep throat.