Tea tree oil is a wonderful essential oil which is used for numerous purposes. It is one of the most popular oils in the world and is known for treating ailments and curing various diseases. Tea tree oil uses is an entire chapter.
The health benefits of the tea tree oil are attributed to its antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial, expectorant, insecticide, fungicide, and stimulant properties.
Read on to know more about tea tree oil uses and a lot more.
Here you can find:
Wondering how tea tree oil can work wonders for you? Check out the tea tree oil uses below to know more.3. Eliminating acne
Tea tree oil is widely used in beauty and skincare products. It is considered one of the most effective remedies for treating acne.
If you’re having a hard time with your acne, you can create a mild tea tree oil scrub at home and use it. All you need to do is mix 2 drops of tea tree oil with honey and apply it on your face. Gently scrub and rinse it off after a minute.2. Nourishing hair and scalp
Tea tree oil is great for the scalp and hair. It has the ability to eliminate dandruff or flaky skin and even lice in some cases. You can mix a few drops of tea tree oil with other essential oils and use it on your hair.3. Providing relief from Eczema and Psoriasis
Tea tree oil can help reduce any skin inflammation, including natural eczema and psoriasis. Mix a teaspoon coconut oil with five drops of tea tree oil and a few drops of lavender oil to produce a useful homemade lotion or body soap for eczema.4. Getting rid of mold
A typical problem many people encounter in their houses is annoying mold infestation. Consider purchasing a diffuser and diffusing tea tree oil in the atmosphere around your house to remove mold and other harmful bacteria.5. Improving oral health
Tea tree oil’s strength to choke harmful bacteria and alleviate inflamed skin make it an excellent ingredient in domestic toothpaste and mouthwash. Tea tree oil helps a great deal in reducing gum bleeding and tooth decay. All you need to do is mix tea tree oil, baking soda and coconut oil and use it as a toothpaste.Tea tree oil benefits
Based on years of continuous research and scientific studies, here are the benefits of tea tree oil:
- Acne removal
- Sore throat treatment
- Bacterial infections treatment
- Respiratory tract infections treatment
- Fungal infections treatment
- Lice removal
- Sunburns and insect bites treatment
- Psoriasis treatment
Some of the side effects of tea tree oil are:
- Skin irritation
- Burning of the skin
- Skin redness
- Stinging sensation
- Severe itching
If swallowed, some of the harmful side-effects are can be:
- A lack of muscle power or control
- Sudden unconsciousness
Making the oil yourself is not very difficult. Follow the steps below to create your own magic tea tree oil potion!
1. Set the tea tree leaves in the container and drain an adequate quantity of water inside the container to cap them.
2. Put the vegetable steamer inside the container above the leaves and water so that there is a low surface capping the watered leaves.
3. Put the measuring cup in the center of the steamer.
4. Set the lid of the container on the container upside down in a way that the handle is facing downward and is at the center, above the measuring cup.
5. Boil the water on high flame to steam the leaves.
6. Put ice cubes on top of the cap to make the vapor condense quickly.
7. Switch off the burner once the ice cubes have melted on top of the lid.
8. Lift the lid using the pot holders and drain the melted water from the ice cubes inside the sink.
9. Remove the measuring cup from the container.
10. Pour the elements of the measuring cup into a separating funnel.
11. Close the funnel top and shake the contents repeatedly.
12. Invert the funnel and allow pressure to release from the top.
13. Resulting oil will float on top of the water.
14. Separate the oil from the water into a separate vial.